MRP : 495 10% OFF
Discount Price : 445
Availability: In Stock
FOUNDATION OF QUANTUM MECHANICS
Dr. A. B. Gupta
First Published: 2015
Second Edition: 2019
Third Edition: 2022
- Quantum Mechanics: Foundation
- Matter Waves
- Uncertainty Principle
- Wave Mechanics: Basic Concepts
- General and Mathematical Formalism
- Hermitian Operators: Quantum Postulates
- Dirac Notations
- Energy Eigenvalue Problems I
- Energy Eigenvalue Problems II
- Symmetry and Conservation Laws
- Angular Momentum and Spin
- Multi-electron Atoms
- WKB Approximation
- Relativistic Wave Equations
ABOUT THE BOOK:
- Provides a clear, precise, and up-to-date introduction.
- Carefully balances the concepts, theory, and experimental data.
- Distinctive presentation style combines clarity with admirable rigour.
- Pedagogically designed to make learning innovative and effective.
- Plethora of problems of graded difficulty, both solved and for practice.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Dr. A. B. Gupta was Professor and Head, Physics Unit and Dean, Indian Statistical Institute, an internationally reputed research institute and a deemed Central University. Graduating with Honours in Physics from Presidency College, Calcutta he had his M.Sc., and Ph.D from Calcutta University. He did his Ph.D under self-guidance. He had the fortune to be associated with academic luminaries either as their student or junior colleague. They are Professors SN Bose, MN Saha, SK Mitra, PC Mahalanobis, JBS Haldane and CR Rao. With more than three decades of teaching and research experience, he supervised a number of Ph.D’s and published about 50 research papers in various journals – national and international. He has authored more than a dozen of books on higher physics and two research monographs. He attended a large number of international and national conferences and delivered invited talks. He visited, with academic assignments, Japan, UK, France, Switzerland, Italy and USA.
In the eighties, Dr. Gupta gravitated into the field of ‘Bioengineering and Skin’. His papers in investigative dermatology by applying physics drew attention of dermatologists both for their contents and flavour of physics. He was made life member of the Indian Association of Dermatologists (IADVL), member of the Innovative Committee and honoured by their prestigious ‘Ambadi oration award’. In recognition of his contribution to Bioengineering, he was admitted in 1984 to the membership of International Society of Bioengineering, UK. In 1985, he was invited by the National Hansen Institute, Carville, US to deliver a series of lectures on ‘Measurement of insensitivity in Hansen’s disease’ by his new device ‘Thermosense’. Science apart, he is known for his literary activities for which he received the National award in Children Literature in 1961. He is a social activist in the field of blood donation and popularisation of science and founded a number of science clubs, libraries, schools and a Degree college. In appreciation of all these, he was felicitated by Indian Medical Association.