MRP : 1150 10% OFF
Discount Price : 1030
Availability: In Stock
Dr. U. Satyanarayana & Dr. U. Chakrapani
First Published: 2005
SECTION I - Introduction to Biotechnology
SECTION II - Introduction to Molecular Biology
SECTION III - Genetic engineering/Recombinant DNA Technology
SECTION IV - Medical/Pharmaceutical Biotechnology (Biotechnology in Healthcare)
SECTION V - Microbial/Industrial Biotechnology
SECTION VI - Animal Cell/Animal Biotechnology
SECTION VII - Plant/Agricultural Biotechnology
SECTION VIII - Environmental Biotechnology
SECTION IX - Biotechnology and Society
SECTION X - Basics to Learn Biotechnology
ABOUT THE BOOK: This book, BIOTECHNOLOGY,
- is comprehensively written to meet the curricular requirements of students learning Biotechnology in various disciplines—Biological Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Medicine, Agriculture, Pharmacy, Veterinary, etc.
- is the first-ever book on the subject with colour illustrations by an author from Asia. The colours are carefully used to provide a better understanding and easy reprecibility of the subject matter.
- is organized into 10 Sections with 70 Chapters to cover all the aspects of Modern Biotechnology. These Include Molecular Biology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Medical/ Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Microbial/Industrial Biotechnology, Animal Cell/Animal Biotechnology, Plant/Agricultural Biotechnology and Environmental Biotechnology, besides the Basics to learn Biotechnology.
- is written in a lucid style with illustrations, tables and flow charts for easy understanding of the subject.
- provides up-to-date information and most recent advances in various aspects of Biotechnology.
- has each chapter well sign-posted with appropriate headings and subheadings, and highlighting of important points in boldface to facilitate well-directed reading and quick recapitulation.
- contains an extensive Glossary to make the commonly used terms and words in Biotechnology very clear.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Dr. U. Satyanarayana, Ph.D., possesses over 45 years (35 years as a Professor) of experience in teaching the subject of Biochemistry to Medical, Dental, and Science students. He has authored four other popular books Biochemistry, Essentials of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, and Biochemistry Review besides publishing about 80 Cell & Molecular Catalogue 2 research papers in national and international journals. A gold medalist of Nagpur University and a recipient of the Dr. Krishna-Swamy Best Teacher Award (of Siddhartha Medical College), Dr. Satyanarayana has been honoured twice (Hong Kong 1989, Japan 1991) with the Regional Service Award by the Asian-Pacific Congress of Clinical Biochemistry. He is a Fellow of the National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry, USA, Association of Clinical Biochemistry and the Institution of Chemists, India. Dr. Satyanarayana is also a member of the Research Board of Advisors for the American Biographical Institute and has been honoured as an outstanding scientist worldwide - 2007, by the International Biographical Centre, England.
Dr. U. Chakrapani, M.B.B.S., M.S., D.N.B., the first student to learn Biochemistry from the original manuscript of this book, significantly contributed to the Third edition with his creative ideas. He is largely responsible for the comprehensive coverage of the clinical and biomedical aspects, related to human Biochemistry in health and disease, besides the preparation of clinical cases.